Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WIKI and GOOGLE documents


This was an interesting Tune-up. I have used Wikipedia but I guess I didn't know how it really worked. So it is a collaberative encyclopia which is open to editing. Makes me wonder how accurate the information is. I looked for Wikis to contribute to and was not able to find any that did not need an account. Tried Morel Mushroom Hunting and some travel destinations. The Wikis are of great benefit for research. Gone are the old days of World Book Encyclopedia. There is such a wealth of information on Wikis. Could be information overload.

Google Docs: This was fun to explore. I was amazed to be able to translate a document with the click of a mouse! Very easy to insert lines and tables in Google Docs. This could be a very useful option for sending things to others. E-mail attachments are time consuming and this may be an easier way in the future.

1 comment: